Alex Coleman BA(Hons) DipArch (Kingston)
Roberto Scalzullo ARB RIBA

Permitted Developments

Planning permission is not always required for particular building works or uses of land/ buildings. You can apply for a  development certificate if you need formal confirmation that a development is lawful.

A lawful development certificate is a legal document which states one of the following:

You can apply to the council to check if the law will allow a certificate to be issued.

There are two types of lawful development certificate (LDC):


Alex Coleman Associates undertake permitted development work and in particular the conversion of office to residential units - Class J categories (B1(a) to C3).

Subject to a 'Prior Approval Application' determination, Alex Coleman Associates can assist in taking your development from concept through to completion.

To find out if your project may be classed as permitted development and if we can assist you in your permitted development project, please call or email for an informal consultation.

Permitted Developments

Recent Projects

Bank House, High Street, Ewell Village...
Claire House and James House, Leatherhead ...
Herald House, Throwley Way, Sutton ...

Space Planning


Latest News

Conversion of offices (B1) and light industrial Use Classes to residential flats, 153-155 Hook Road,...... read more...

Alex Coleman Associates

  • Epsom Office
  • 40 Copse Edge Avenue
  • Epsom, Surrey
  • KT17 4HS
  • ------
  • Tel 01372 742535
  • Mobile 0777 936 8979
  • E-mail